It's Road Safety Week
November 19, 2019
Monday 18th November until Sunday 24th November is Road Safety Week, a full seven days aimed to inspire thousands of schools, organisations and communities to take action on road safety and promote life-saving messages.
Set up by Road Safety Charity Brake in 1997, Road Safety Week promotes steps that everyone can take to reduce and stop deaths and injuries caused on the roads.
Every year, the charity chooses a different theme of focus, this year it is 'Step up for Safe Streets.'
Taken from their website, Brake believes we can all step up and play a part in the celebration of safe system solutions and the creation of a safe and healthy future:
- Individuals can step up by pledging to use roads safely, minimise vehicle use and shout out for safe system solutions.
- Schools can help young people step up and learn how to create a safe and healthy future and shout out for change.
- Organisations can step up their policies and procedures to ensure they choose safe systems solutions.
- Emergency service professionals can step up to highlight their vital role in helping keep us safe.
- Policy-makers can step up by developing and mandating safe systems solutions.
"Every death or serious injury on our roads is a tragedy and each one is preventable. Step up for Safe Streets and do your bit for a safe and healthy future."
REMEMBER, stay safe this November and all year round!