7 Tips On How To Stay Safe Whilst Driving In Bad Weather Conditions
WINTER DRIVING TIPS
February 28th, 2018
We may be nearing the end of February and spring is just around the corner, however it doesn't seem like it and the cold weather just doesn't seem to be budging.
To make things worse, it's snowing again and it looks like it's going to get worse as the week goes on.
Regardless of which part of the Country you're in, you are more than likely to be affected by the 'Beast from the East' and 'Storm Emma.' In fact, the Met Office has put alert warnings across the country and it is claimed that some parts of the UK are set to feel colder than the Artic Cirlce.
That's why although you hope for the best, you should always be prepared for the worst. Here we have compiled some of the most important tips and tricks to keep us safe on the road.
7 TIPS TO STAY SAFE ON THE ROADS
1. Your Vehicle - Ensure all of your lights are working and your brakes are working properly!
2. Tyres - Have you checked your tyre condition or trade depth recently?
3. Make sure you have stocked up on brake fluid, battery level and screen wash before a journey.
4. Be Prepared - Before you set out on your journey, ensure you have a blanket, coat, warm clothes and food and water, just incase you do break down.
5. Mobile Phone - although it;s illegal to use your phone when driving, it is essential that you have one on you (fully charged) when driving in bad conditions.
6. Driving - Always drive slower in the snow. Chances of skidding are much higher and stopping distance will increase.
7. Time - Stay away of your surroundings when driving in bad weather conditions and always be prepared for delays and allow extra time for journeys.
In the event of a breakdown, or if the worse does occur, then pull over when it is safe to do so and put on your hazard lights before phoning for help.
The general advice is - only take the journey if it is absolutely neccesary. Or, there's always the option to leave your car at home and give us a call instead?
VISIT OUR WEBSITE now or contact us on 01722 777777.